Skip to Main Content

Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request

Click here to view an overview video about navigation. Voter registration for the upcoming General Election is now closed. If you want to register to vote or update your address, you can do this during early voting. Go to an early voting center in the county where you live and bring a document that proves where you live. This document can be your MVA-issued license, ID card, or change of address card, or your paycheck, bank statement, utility bill, or other government document with you name or new address.

You may still use this site to request an absentee ballot.

You can use this website to:
  • Register to vote in federal, state, county, and city elections in Maryland.
  • Request an absentee ballot.
  • Update your registration if your name has changed or your address has changed. You can also update your registration if you want to change to a new political party. Before we can update your registration, you must verify who you are by entering the required information.

Learn more about eligibility to vote in Maryland.
You may NOT use this website to:
  • Submit a new registration for anyone else
  • Update a registration for anyone else
  • Request an absentee ballot for anyone else

Giving false information on an application for voter registration is perjury, punishable by imprisonment for up to 10 years, and a violation of the election laws, punishable by a fine of up to $1,000, or by imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both.

If you are a registered voter and would like to ask for a copy of your voter registration card, please visit the Voter Information Lookup service.

Are you registered? Find out here.

We recommend that you use a computer for this system. The system should work with most mobile devices if you "enable" cookies on your device.

Special Election Notice - 7th Congressional District
If you are a voter in the 7th Congressional District, you can request an absentee ballot for the special elections.
You can find your congressional district information here.
Note: If you were born between 4/29/2002 and 11/3/2002 and live in the 7th Congressional District, you may vote in the Presidential Primary and General Elections. You may not vote in the special elections.